The best uses of webforms are:
- Surveys (can even do multiple pages if required)
- Sign-up for newsletters (integration with MailChimp mailing lists)
- RFP's and applications (collect information and files)
- Simple donation or payment (basic PayPal integration)
- Simple small event registration (we recommend EventBrite for more complex event registration)
- Simple one-time one-item purchases (basic PayPal integration)
3rd-party recommendations for more complex requirements - embedded or externally hosted:
- EventBrite - event registration where payment, attendee limits, multiple attendee registration, etc is required
- Square Online Store - recommended as a solution when unified inventory is important (synchronizes with a Square point-of-sale system)
- Shopify integration - for a more robust shopping experience with many items, where multiple items will be purchased at the same time, suggested implementation solution depends on complexity of the required shopping experience.
- Any form that requires capturing sensitive information like social-security numbers would need to be processed using a solution with a security certificate (SSL). SSL is currently unavailable for configuration on our hosting structure but we are looking at SSL for all our sites in the future.