Links to other sites will automatically open in a new tab, but links to pages on your own site open in the same tab.
To force a link to another page/post on your own site to open in a new post:
- Add the link to the post like normal.
- Underneath the body section on the edit page, click Body format > select Full HTML.
- Click the Source button.
- Find the section for your link in the code that starts with <a href=.
- Hint: If the page is long and it's hard to find, press the Ctrl + F keys at the same time to open the search function and search for your link text.
- Add target="_blank" at the end of the <a href= section, just before the > at the end of that section (see screenshot).
- Click Save.